What makes Ontario Hockey Academy SUCCESSFUL?
THE OHA HOCKEY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
➢ Full Year Hockey Schedule - Sept to April - Full Year On Ice Practice
- Not a 3 Sport School - High Performance 9 Month Hockey Program
➢ Location Location - Our advantage is our location to many Canadian and
- OHA teams play in front of scouts and train in one of the best facilities in the country.
- Within a 5 our drive to over 21 NCAA D1 schools, 24 NCAA D3 Schools, and 13 Canadian
women hockey teams.
➢ More Games, More Practices and More Training than any other
program in North America
- You will not find a hockey program that mirrors a College-University program as OHA does
- 50+ tough game schedule against top sanction teams, Hockey Canada Sanctioned,
most schools are not
➢ Great Exposure – Great Schedule
- Schedule designed for the elite player seeking maximum exposure and maximum training.
- Schools and National teams want to see you play against the best.
Hockey in Ontario has some of the best teams and top players not only in North America
but in the world.
- Play in top NCAA-CIS scouted Tournament and Showcases, against top ranked
Junior/U19 Level Teams
- OHA receives tremendous amount of attention from university who make repeat visits to
our games to evaluate our athletes.
- Visit many USA cities more than any other Canadian team and no air travel, more time for
- Most women hockey programs have very little scouting budgets to scout, so we go to them
➢ On Ice and off Ice Testing and Combine …. OHA Training Centre
- Full Time Hockey Strength Coach, great off ice skill development
9 Month Off-ice Hockey Specific Training
- Training program developed to individual need of strength, explosiveness, power,
and agility to get you faster and stronger.
- A specialized dedicated hockey specific training centre
- We evaluate players’ skills, strength and weaknesses, we test and compare them against
their peers to provide a blueprint for your training program and development.
- Skating treadmill to improve leg strength, endurance, foot speed and skating mechanics.
- Indoor synthetic ice to practice shooting and stick-handling, and 20 spin bikes for team
- On school property 5000 square foot hockey specific training centre gym used only by
our hockey teams.
➢ Over 40+ in NCAA in past 3 years, OHA players attend an NCAA-CIS school
- Last 3 years, over 9 girls invited to National U18 camp
- Many of our players have made immediate impact at the collegiate level,
4 NCAA Team Rookies of the year and over 5 girls with 40 points.
- Players build confidence and NCAA habits.
➢ 3 Girls Teams for maximum Development and Progression
- Most prep schools have one team and have players with all different skill levels.
- Practice and play with top players who all have the same drive and commitment.
➢ Stick-handling - Shooting - Power Skating Program
- In an average hockey shift, a player can change direction 20-40 times. Players are unaware the
dynamics of agility, balance, and proprioception needed to play the game at the most elite level.
➢ OHA PLAYERS IMPROVE
- IMPROVE shooting accuracy, shooting quickness and shot speeds up to 10 mph
- Increase skating speeds (we'll compare your speed to the Collegiate players,
see where you are and where you need to be)
- Stick-handling quickness and skills (most coaches do not know how to teach these skills)
- Passing & receiving success
- Hockey sense, instinct and creativity with Offensive and Defensive tactics
I just thought I would give you an update on how everything is going here at Cornell. I feel like I am fitting in well with the speed and pace of the game and I owe much of that to OHA and what you helped me achieve over the last year. I know I would not be in the position I am today if it were not for your help. I know I made such improvements in that short amount of time and I can't thank you enough. I miss OHA a lot and I can't wait to come back up and visit. I saw some pictures online of some of the changes that were made and they all look really nice, I can't wait to see! Hopefully you guys will be able to get to a game this year, possibly when we play Clarkson or St. Lawrence. Good luck this season and talk to you soon